Recycling & Trash Carts
Blue Carts / Black Carts
Blue carts are used for two purposes, depending on how they are labeled.
- Some are labeled "All Recyclables Here" and should be used for recycling.
- Some have a "Yard Waste Only" decal and should only be used for grass trimmings, palm fronds and other yard debris.
The black cart is for trash only.
Cart Pick-Up Schedule
South of Commercial Boulevard
- Monday: Trash and Yard Waste Pick-Up
- Thursday: Trash and Recycling Cart Pick-up
North of Commercial Boulevard
There will not be cart pick-up service on Christmas Day, a Tuesday. There is normal cart service on Friday, December 28th and Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
- Tuesday: Trash and Yard Waste Pick-Up
- Friday: Trash and Recycling Cart Pick-Up
There are a few exceptions to the cart pick-up schedule based on location. Check with the collection company if you need to confirm your pick-up schedule. Please Note: If your yard waste or recycling cart is not placed on the curb on the correct day, it will not be picked up.
Cart Placement Hours
Your cart should be set out at the curb or collection point after 6 p.m. the night before your scheduled pick-up day. Carts should be set out one to two feet from the edge of the street. Please make sure the cart’s handles are facing away from the street. Do not place carts on the street under any circumstances. Carts must be brought in before midnight the day of pick-up.
Please note: Your trash pick-up days may be different if you live in a multi-family building or condominium with dumpster service.