A new Town construction project just north of Commercial Boulevard will impact traffic and parking on Bougainvilla Drive and Poinciana Street. The work should begin the week of May 20th and will last through the fall. The project includes:
New stormwater drainage
Parking and sidewalk streetscape improvements
During the project a section of Poinciana Street will be inaccessible to traffic heading southbound to Commercial Boulevard. Intermittent closures will also occur on Bougainvilla Drive to install new sewer storm pipes and structures. The existing parking spots on Bougainvilla and Poinciana will not be accessible. We encourage using the adjacent A1A lot.
The roadway improvements will improve traffic safety in the area, because drivers will now be able to make a much safer U-Turn from Poinciana Street onto Bougainvilla Drive. It will also straighten out the lane on the north end between the two roadways, allowing for a more natural flow of traffic as opposed to the current sharp turn drivers now have to navigate.
Construction signage and materials are starting to be delivered this week (May 15) in anticipation of the project commencing the week of May 20th. The 1st phase of the project will take place on Poinciana including installation of new storm sewer. The installation of the storm sewer will close a portion of Poinciana and there will be no access to Commercial Boulevard travelling southbound on Poinciana. Detours signs will be posted that will direct traffic to A1A and then to Commercial. Any changes in traffic flow configurations or detours will be updated regularly. Information about the progress of the project will also be posted regularly.
Week of 5/13/19
- Temporary fencing blocking off parking on Poinciana has been erected.
- Construction trailer has been delivered and power hooked up.
- Informational sign at Washingtonia and Poinciana has been placed to alert traffic to road closure.
- Sewer Structures were delivered.
The Week Ahead
Week of 5/20/19
- Construction staking and layout.
- Striping for new traffic pattern.
- Additional construction and detour signage will be added.
- Additional equipment will be relocated to the construction site.